28 May, 2013

Party Girl

What better excuse than a birthday party to dress up in a little tutu!



And a little close up :)


The sketch I have used is this month's Prima BAP.
The colour scheme is a gorgeous one from Scrapfriends.
I am also putting it into the challenge at Bird is the Word ( she,her he or his)
and Frosted Designs Fabulous Fridays challenge (use your punches). I have used 2 Martha Stewart border punches.

The papers are from the Prima, Fairy Rhymes and Divine ranges. I just love any of the Jodie Lee designs for Prima! You can combine papers from so many ranges and they work. The Prima candy gem crystals have been in my stash for a while. I just love the cute zipper pulls too!

To soften the darkness of the photo background, I sewed around it and then covered Miss Madison with a tissue and sprayed lightly with Dylusions White Linen Ink Spray.
Trying to get the colour and look I wanted for the doily - I sprayed with Dylusions Lime, textured pasted through a Prima stencil, sprayed again with White Linen  (to soften the brightness) and still, not happy, I sprayed with Perfect Pearls Heirloom gold. This gave a little grunginess, but then I needed to spray the corner flourishes as well.

It is perfect scrapping weather today - rain, hail, coldest day this year and the fire going! Wow! Add thunder to that list!

Cheers,
Sue :)

17 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning!! Thanks so much for joining us for the punches challenge at Frosted Designs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow sue!! Need i say more, such a lovely layout, with so many details. thank you for joining us at Frosted designs. Channa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so very pretty and with such a lot of detail, I love the spraying around the baby, I'm always scared to spray near a photo so well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is mega cuteness! what an adorable photo and all your wonderful details on your layout are stunning.. Thanks for joining in at BITW too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous layout! I love the way you masked and misted the photo! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely page, thanks for joining in at BITW

    ReplyDelete
  7. So Precious sue - Your granddaughter is simply adorable! Your page is stunning - you have to frame this one its much too special to put away in an album!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you masked Madison and sprayed around her, gives it an almost fairy like effect! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Frosted designs Punch challenge, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning layout, I love it and so does my little girl she walked pasted as I was looking at it and said "Mummy I love that little baby, so cute" and then she picked out the zip on the butterfly and was all excited. Thank you entering the Punch challenge at Frosted Designs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how gorgeous! It's so, so pretty! Love the delicacy of the details!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gosh you've used our Scrap Friends colours to PERFECTION & that zip on the butterfly.....stunning! So glad you've joined us again, Sue:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Sue, your comment on my blog post made me smile, we also walked up to the top of lombard street because the tram queue was so long :))) I don't think we realized quite how steep it was. Luckily the big boys could carry the little ones - we even broke the wheel off our stroller half way up and had to carry it as well!!!! Still, looking back they are great memories!
    Oh and your little grand-daughter is absolutely edible!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the little bits and things you put on here!
    Thx for joining us at BITW :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue your layout are just amazing... so pleased to have found you through Berry71Bleu ...

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW WOW WOW Sue this is breathtaking I dont know where to start!!!!
    Firstly the photo of your granddaughter (I assume ) is gorgeous!!
    The embellishments you have used are perfect!
    All in all a gorgeous layout thanks for playing along with us at Bird Is The Word!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  16. Holy Moly this layout is just BEAUTIFUL......such a jawbreaker!!! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at BITW hugs Amy :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh gosh, some fabulous details here, just lovely. I love that zipper top on the butterfly, how cool is that? Lovely, lovely page. So glad you joined in BITW.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get your comments! Thank you!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...